tabs

  • Home
  • Dairy Free
  • Gluten Free

    Monday, May 3, 2010

    Avocado Sauce
    This recipe was from a recent Taste of Home's Light and Tasty magazine.  I wanted to try it, and I liked it, but it needs a few changes.  I'm going to post the original recipe, as well as the version I think would be better.  What I actually made was somewhere in between.  I will show you in the first recipe what, and why I did not like certain parts.

    Original Recipe:
    1/4 cup avocado  The sauce did not taste very much like avocado; I doubled the amount so it lived up to its name.
    1/4 cup mayo
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 Tblsp. lime juice The sauce did taste like lime juice to me!  I liked the taste of it, but I think less would be better.
    1 tsp. dill weed I only added about 3/4 teaspoon of dill because it seemed like a lot in comparison to the other spices.  I think the taste of dill still came through fine with less.
    1/4 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp parsley flakes
    dash of cayenne pepper
    Samantha's version: 
    1/2 cup avocado
    1/4 cup mayo
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
    3/4 tsp dill weed
    1/4 tsp. dried oregano
    1/4 tsp. ground cumin
    1/4 tsp. parsley flakes
    1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (or ground red pepper)

    Instructions: In a small bowl, mash avocado.  Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.  Serve with tortilla chips, or tacos.
    Note:
    This is my favorite way to cook.  A little more of that, less of this, not that, but how about some of this.
    Usually I  post my version of the recipe when I blog.
    I make some recipes exactly like the original, many recipes with my mom's modifications, and the rest my way.  =D  Its all in the fun of cooking!  Be creative, and make food so it tastes good to you!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment