tabs

  • Home
  • Dairy Free
  • Gluten Free

    Tuesday, June 1, 2010

    Potato Broccoli Curry

    Take a few/several bunches of broccoli, chopped in bite-sized little-tiny bunches, and steam them in a pan. I did 'em in a drizzle of olive oil with a bit of water. 
    Next, dice up some cooked potatoes. If you want to, peel them. We don't have picky eaters, so I left the skins on. Then...throw those potaters in with the broccoli, IN a big pot. Then sprinkle curry powder over that, don't worry, it takes quite a bit to actually taste the flavor, and let me tell you. Don't let the look of this fool you. It's good. Add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, too. When Rachel walked in the kitchen and heard what I was making, she made a gross face. But she ended up sneaking bites later, ya know? 
    *sigh* What can I say. It turned out good. 
    Then after the curry powder, while the stove is still warming it all, salt it good...and pour in one can of coconut milk. It's amazing. You don't even taste the coconut milk. It's funny. But that's what I looooove about curries. At least, the ones we've made so far;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment